Monday, July 14, 2014

Welcome. My first post...this is EXCITING!

It is an understatement to say that I am excited about the developments my classroom will be undergoing this year! There are many changes in store that have rejuvenated and reignited my excitement for this wonderful career.

First and foremost, I will be moving back to fourth grade. I have taught fifth grade for the past two years and have learned a lot about this very important developmental and transitional year. Teaching this grade has also put in perspective the difference between learning and mastering skills the year before.  I have new insight into what the expectations are for my fourth graders. Before making the move to fifth, I taught fourth for eight years and am thrilled to be going back to the curriculum I left, mainly Virginia History.

Secondly, I got the go ahead for a Big Brother (one of my favorite summer guilty pleasures) inspired project. It is also the inspiration for this blog. If you are a parent, have you every wanted to be a fly on the wall in your child's classroom? I certainly have! As a teacher, I am not always able to attend the little events that my child's school puts on, so consequently my husband gets to partake in all the fun! Anyway, before I digress too much, I am going to be offering parents a way to watch their child LIVE. I am so excited and will go into this more later.

Lastly, this year I am part of a team again, be it a small team, but a team nonetheless. Teaching, in my opinion, is a social occupation, and when you are teaching a grade that you are brand new to and don't have a team to support and encourage you, it can be very draining!

In summation, I am ready to go (in about 5 weeks..don't get me wrong I enjoy my summers). I hope that you will join me on my journey this year!

No comments:

Post a Comment