Monday, October 20, 2014

Our First Webinar

I realize I haven't written about our first webinar. I can't believe I waited so long! The webinar was based around the children working in groups of three to conduct an experiment. I had three people log on for the first one, but the feedback was amazing! The children were focused and enjoyed the activity and the few parents that logged on asked when I was going to do another one. I love the idea of bringing school to the parents in a different way.

Using anymeeting.com, I simply set up a webinar. I opted for that since it was one way communication, meaning parents could hear us, but we couldn't hear them. They could type if they wanted to comment. Parents were required to register prior to attending. Once they registered, they were sent the link for the meeting.

We are planning on doing another one this week to share a look into the Daily 5 model as utilized in our classroom. I will be anxious to see if the attendance grows with each webinar.

No comments:

Post a Comment