Sunday, February 22, 2015

Inspired By What Pet Should I Get?...The NEW Dr. Seuss Book!

Yesterday, I posted on my facebook page that a new book by Dr. Seuss was being published called What Pet Should I Get. I was VERY excited to say the least. I felt like this was a historical event that I would be a part of, which is not an exaggeration, I went into full nerdy teacher mode. I started brainstorming ways to incorporate this big release in my classroom with prediction activities, asking questions about the book, connecting to other stories and themes by Dr. Seuss, and so on....building excitement for this book in my classroom as well. Then, I realized it would be on sale starting July 28, 2015. My balloon of excitement deflated because any lesson I did would not have closure or follow up in the classroom this year. 


Did I let that stop me...NO! I took that excitement and inspiration and made a new product. If I couldn't incorporate the actual book in my classroom, then I would introduce them to the title of the new book, as well as celebrate his other great books (written by him and his pen names). I used his book titles to make an activity to practice synonyms, antonyms, homophones, and multiple meaning words. It may be challenging for some, but I am hoping the material makes it fun! It is called Dr. Seuss Synonyms, Antonyms, Homophones, and Multiple Meaning Words.

In honor of the new book What Pet Should I Get? and the inspiration it provided, I am also offering it FREE.

FREEBIE! Dr. Seuss Synonyms, Antonyms, Homophones, and Mul

No comments:

Post a Comment